Kahawa 1893 was founded to showcase the distinctive taste of East African coffee and empower the farmers who make it possible. Learn about the journey from farm to cup, how to prepare the perfect cup from the comfort of home, and sip world-renowned coffee during our Coffee Safari in Gramercy.
In the spirit of giving back during the holiday season, we're donating 100% of profits from the event to the Moromba Co-Operative in Kenya. Moromba will use the proceeds to purchase a new processing mill, enabling it to ramp up production and increase economic stability for families in the community.
The Coffee Safari will include:
- An exploration of coffee's journey farm to cup
- A tasting of our four types of unique hand-crafted coffee from East Africa, including Kenyan Peaberry, Naturally-Processed Ethiopian and Ugandan, and African Spice
- An interactive class demonstrating how to prepare the perfect cup using a pour-over/Chemex and make instant cold brew
- Tips for enhancing your home brew
- The opportunity to shop for unique holiday gifts while supporting an important cause
Escape the snowy weather and enjoy a tantalizingly warm cup of coffee with us! Entry is complimentary!